Yoga Classes with Susanne Murtha
Yoga Heals Us Yoga Classes with Susanne Murtha
INSTRUCTOR: Susanne Murtha, E-RYT500, Certified Yoga Therapist (C-IAYT), Certified Pain Management Coach, Specializations for women in yoga and fitness, and advanced certifications from Integrative Yoga Therapy, Integrative Restoration (iRest) and Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health in Yoga and Ayurveda.
Recommended: Yoga mat, 2 yoga blocks, 1 yoga strap (8 – 10ft), 1 blanket. Sensitive knees may want a foam gardening knee pad as well.
A comprehensive yoga program that includes yoga philosophy, breathing techniques (pranayama), yoga postures (asana), concentration and meditation techniques, and deep relaxation to integrate body, mind and spirit. All classes focus on self-awareness through mindful breath and gentle, adaptive movement. The all-levels classes include stretching as well as progressively developed poses that strengthen muscles and improve balance, flexibility, and breath awareness.
Practice includes a variety of foundational postures (standing, seated and on the floor) that focus on balanced alignment and includes breathing techniques, yoga philosophy, mediation and deep relaxation. Individual attention and variations are given as much as possible within the class situation.
(Please note: Masks are required to enter the class and must be worn when not on your mat. If there is a COVID surge during this session, class may be moved to online via Zoom. Masks may also be required to be worn during class. The personal safety of the students and the instructor are of primary concern.)
CHAIR YOGA FOR EVERY BODY
Are you interested in Yoga but not interested in getting onto the floor? Then this class is for you! Every body can do Yoga using chairs for sitting and standing: individuals who need to support for balance and safety; individuals recovering from illness or injury or have problems with knees and hips; or for anyone interested in learning more ways to improve balance, strength, and flexibility. This fun class offers a balanced approach for strength and flexibility, breath work and meditation. And we do serious work, always adapted to the needs of each person.
Adults - all ages, levels and abilities welcome.
- Instructor: Susanne Murtha, E-RYT500, Certified Yoga Therapist (C-IAYT), Certified Pain Management Coach, Specializations for women in yoga and fitness, and advanced certifications from Integrative Yoga Therapy, Integrative Restoration (iRest) and Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health in Yoga and Ayurveda.
- Using a Goldilocks approach to yoga, students are invited to work each posture toward just the right level of effort, balancing between not too hard and not too easy.
- Register early as classes are very popular.
- Please bring yoga mat and a blanket.
- Recommended: Yoga mat, 2 yoga blocks, 1 blanket and 1 yoga strap (8 – 10 ft.)